Monday, March 9, 2009

My Goddess Girlfriends

In honor of my birthday, my "Goddess Girlfriends" had a surprise gathering for me!
I had gone out to dinner with a friend and two of her friends and completely unknown to me was that they had all conspired to have a surprise birthday celebration for me back at my house. As I walked into my house thinking that we were going to sit around and talk, I noticed flickers of candles and heard voices. Still not registering at all in my mind what was happening. When the lights were turned on, and I saw all of these smiling faces, I was so touched by the heartfelt kindness. They gave me such a gift, and told me that I was being repaid the gift that I give to them at my gatherings. I was given a gratittude box and inside the box each goddess had written to me why they were grateful to have me in their life. I did not read these gratitudes until the next morning while I was sitting quitely alone on my patio drinking coffee and again so touched by the heartfelt kindness that was bestowed upon me. My eyes watered with tears as I carefully unfolded each note and read the words that so touched my heart. As I finished reading each note, all I could say was WOW! And I quickly reminded myself that friends are the family that we choose for ourselves.
Hugs and Blessings to all of my "Goddess Girlfriends"!
Susan

No comments: